Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Newbe Question About Excel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can an Excel spreadsheet be linked into ArchiCAD?
6 REPLIES 6
TomWaltz
Participant
Nope.

Graphisoft decided to make PDF the interchange format. You would have to make a PDF from Excel then place that into Archicad.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
My idea was to insert the excel in Autocad as a linked ole then insert that .dwg file into ArchiCAD as an xref so when the excel is changed it would update in the ArchiCAD sheet.
TomWaltz
Participant
Feel free to try it, but my bet is that it won't work. Archicad won't follow the link from Autocad through OLE to Excel.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jeff,
Like Tom mentioned, Archcad really wants a PDF file. Fortunately though, you can update the PDF link. I usually save my excel file as a PDF in the same folder with the same name (different extension obviously). I place the PDF in Archicad. If I update the excel file, I save over the PDF, and then in Archicad, I update the PDF. One extra step, but it works out all right.
Rafal SLEK
Advocate
Archicad won't follow the link from Autocad through OLE to Excel.
Funny is, that OLE for xls files was working with version 9 (in PlotMaker)...
Best
Rafał
//Archicad since 4.1 version
//MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 13.6
//Razer Intel i9/2.5GHz/32GB/Nvidia RTX 3080/Windows 11 Pro
//ArchiCAD 28/Twinmotion 2024
Haneef Tayob
Booster
OLE used to 'work' in AC9, but GS decided against supporting it in AC10. I loved it when it worked, but my experience with it was that it was very unstable and moody.

The topic has been covered previously under Documentation and in the wishlists.
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM