Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Newbie Help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Fellas, i am a new Archicad user, and i´m struggling with some questions. If anyone could help me i would be forever grateful!
All questions are for AC20!

So, here we go:

1.Wall cleanup:

If i have 2 adjacent walls or overlapping ones, how can i make the separator line be gone? (I tried the solid operation and didnt worked)

2. Wall End:

As you can see , the ends of the drywall isnt right. I tried to use the wall end tool but with zero success.

3. Colorful Plans

How can i make a plan that´s represented by the material surface (color / hatch / texture) - without using the "hatch" tool?

Thanks guys!

Untitled-1.jpg
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
Welcome to the forum akanoe.

Post has been moved to 'Working in Archicad'.
Please read the descriptions for each section to best determine where to make your post.

It is also better to create one post for each topic as you can clearly describe the problem in the title (makes it easier for all users to search for this problem) and it makes it easier to reply to as well.

In answer to question 1 the adjacent or overlapping walls will not clean up or merge together.
Only walls where the reference lines intersect at an angle will trim each other.

You can do EDIT menu > Reshape > Merge Walls.
This will create a single composite wall but there will still be lines between.
You can then edit the complex profile to merge the fills and remove those lines if you want.
But this won't help if the walls are different lengths as the merge complex profile wall will make the merged walls the same length.

The side lines of a composite wall can be turned off in the complex profile editor but this will affect all walls of that type and along the entire length of the walls - not just where they merge.

Placing a column next to a wall (both with the same building materials) will merge with no line between.
So you adjacent wall could be a long thin column.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11