cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

No Copy Paste from Multiple Storeys

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's a new one for me. Has anyone come up with the attached message when copying and pasting from plan to elevation? It just involves 2D lines, text and fill.

elements from multiple storeys.jpg
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wait, it works when I suspend the groups of entities so am still perplexed.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Your group must have included elements from multiple stories. Easy to do when you have them displaying on multiple stories or group via the 3D window, section, elevation, etc.

Enable groups, select it, go to the 3D window and find the culprit(s)!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Link.
Does this phenomenon occur with 2D elements if they were drawn in another storey? That is odd. I am only copying a set of grouped entities comprising arcs fills and text from the model space, which is a manual door/window schedule marker in 2D only, to an elevation window.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Are you saying that you're copying 2D elements that make up a manual window/door marker, from the floor plan to an elevation?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, yes Link, that's all I needed to do. It works if I suspend the groups. Cheers.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Sorry, that just posed more questions than it answered!

I can't think of how that could occur with 2D elements, but that's not to say it wouldn't.

Just to be sure if you select the group, with grouping enabled, and go to Edit Selection Set, what does it list?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad to help Link, thanks.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
And that's with Grouping enabled hey? That's curious.

If you want to save it as a module file and upload a zip of it, I'll happily take a look!

(just select the whole group, copy to clipboard, go to file saves as> module from clipboard, then zip it and upload it here)

Cheers,
Link.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
BTW One of the questions your post posed was why are you coping text and lines for window markers from floor plan to elevation?

You can achieve this with (semi) automatically with window markers and labels.

Cheers,
Link.