cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Number of elements in layers of the total project

Anonymous
Not applicable
Goodmorning forum,
I was wondering if there is a way to see if a layer contains any object/drawing element at all (all views,sheets,sections etc)
Cheers!
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Anestis:

One way to check is to open Attribute Manager, set to Layers and see if there is a check mark next to the Layer name. One caveat is that if a Tool is set to a layer by default, then the check mark will appear, even thought there is no element on that Layer.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
David wrote:
One caveat is that if a Tool is set to a layer by default, then the check mark will appear, even thought there is no element on that Layer.

David
One way to avoid that is to set your Document> Layers> Layer Extras> Active Layer to 'One Active Layer for all Elements'. Then set any tool's default to the ArchiCAD Layer, which sets all tool default layers to the ArchiCAD Layer. Do this prior to opening the Attribute Manager.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you both for the replies!
I was hoping for a more straight-forward solution, maybe a schedule or something like this.

Thank you for the tips thought!
Cheers
Barry Kelly
You could create schedule but it can only fine 3D elements and fills in the plan.
It won't find any 2D elements (apart from fills) and it won't find anything in sections, elevations, details, layouts, etc.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11