cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Organizer- Layout Editor

Anonymous
Not applicable
Working with 12,

I want to move a Master layout from one file to another.
1. Open organizer.
2. On left side, open desired file and needed master. (already open and running)
3. Drag and drop into right side of organizer.
4. Wait.
5. Wait.
6. Note message in file being referenced :Errors occurred during last operation. (looping) Force quit
7. Post problem to forum.
8. Wait.
9. Wait....

And yes, i'll update my profile. Just wondered if anyone else had the same problem with the new release.
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Haven't tried it in 12 yet. But, wonder if the version of the file that you opened (to drag from) matters? If that file isn't in 12-format, perhaps try converting it to 12 first?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah, its a model that is hotlinked up and down. All loaded files are updated to 12. (I remember how 11 chewed up stories if you tried to update a hotlink in 10. That was foul.)

Thanks for the suggestion.
Karl Ottenstein
Worked OK for me, but no hotlinks in either file.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Chazz
Enthusiast
I wonder if people are not using this rather well-hidden but essential feature much as this buggy behavior continues very reliably and repeatably well into 13 (that's the thing about GS: the bugs are very consistent and durable).

If it works at all it is incredibly slow. Today though I'm getting the dreaded looping Errors occurred during last operation. Previously, I could try a workaround of copying drawings from one layout to another, and laboriously relinking them but now just trying to copy a drawing results in the Errors occurred during last operation message.

Sounds from Karl that the issue may have to do with heavy hot-linking in the drawings which mine all have (I'm using the features of the software, right?).

Not sure what to try next but am open to suggestions.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Erika Epstein
Booster
Chazz,
You probably already did this, but does updating all hotlinks before doing this make any difference?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"