Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

import tpl data in current pln archicad file

Zdenko
Advocate

what is the work flow to bring in a "master border layout" from the TPL file into a current PLN file? i tried the organizer but will not let me open a TPL. basically i am improving our TPL master file so others can bring in items as needed instead of chasing multiple PLN files. any suggestions?

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based Sonoma 14.5

Archicad 27 5030 USA Full Apple
M3 Max 36GB MacBook Pro
iOS Sonoma 14.5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

You'll have to just open the template TPL and save as a PLN and then import the master from there.

It seems like an oversight by the product managers that the Attribute Manager can open TPL files but the Organizer cannot.  If we could still make wishes, this seems like an obvious and easy-to-grant one.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

You'll have to just open the template TPL and save as a PLN and then import the master from there.

It seems like an oversight by the product managers that the Attribute Manager can open TPL files but the Organizer cannot.  If we could still make wishes, this seems like an obvious and easy-to-grant one.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Zdenko
Advocate

thanks karl! agreed on wishes...

Archicad 27 5030 USA Full Apple
M3 Max 36GB MacBook Pro
iOS Sonoma 14.5

Setup info provided by author