Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Our first project

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having endured the learning curve trauma as AC newbies we were finally able to produce this. If it wasn't for the helpful support of some on this forum, I'm not sure we would have stuck it out, although I'm a total believer in this process...first create 3D model>render presentation dwgs>pull off 2D const docs and cleanup/annotate (haven't done that last part yet:).

As newcomers to AC, we both feel a GREAT need for better "how to" documentation. The online Help is not much better than the single volume ref guide.

Dordogne Rend 01.jpg
7 REPLIES 7
TomWaltz
Participant
Looks pretty good!

..... but how do the construction documents look? 😉
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
Looks pretty good!

..... but how do the construction documents look? 😉
Thank you. Having produced CD's for over 40 years I hope they would turn out pretty decent. The biggest challenge will probably be the cleanup where we didn't join the 3D geometry as clean as we could have....I'll have to work on the "pen" settings to make those as light as possible.

Is there an AC equivalent of a non-print pencil? That way we could assign the unwanted geometry (maybe) to that pen and not show up or maybe we could just assign like a 10% shade to the line work that is a bit on the maverick side?
TomWaltz
Participant
That's a big "It depends."

If you picked a pen not to print in Plotmaker and were consistant about not using it, yes. If not, then no.....

The other problem is that modeled elements would still hide things behind them or poke through even if they print white instead of a visible color...
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Josephus wrote:
Having endured the learning curve trauma as AC newbies we were finally able to produce this. If it wasn't for the helpful support of some on this forum, I'm not sure we would have stuck it out, although I'm a total believer in this process...first create 3D model>render presentation dwgs>pull off 2D const docs and cleanup/annotate (haven't done that last part yet:).

As newcomers to AC, we both feel a GREAT need for better "how to" documentation. The online Help is not much better than the single volume ref guide.
Josephus,
Nice work...congratulations on your "first" project. I look forward to seeing your progress as you get more comfotable with the software.

It's nice to see some more "residential" specific people on board. I do pretty much the same kind of work that you do...I would have replied to some of your recent posts but have been so covered up with work and the holidays...hopefully I can comment on some of your future questions as I know new users usually need all the help they can get.

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Dan Kunschik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. The rendering feels a little too sanitary to me, I felt like we could have done a lot more with the lighting too, but we were just too "fried" to go further...next one

Is this the right place to post something like this?
TomWaltz
Participant
I guess a rendering probably belongs in "Presentation & Rendering", or as an early project is belongs in "Installation / New User"..... but I don't believe it's wrong here, either
Tom Waltz
Erika Epstein
Booster
Josephus wrote:

Is there an AC equivalent of a non-print pencil? That way we could assign the unwanted geometry (maybe) to that pen and not show up or maybe we could just assign like a 10% shade to the line work that is a bit on the maverick side?

Very Nice!

Regarding the non-print pen; instead would the use of a non-print layer work?
Many of us also have layers such as hide in 2D, hide in 3D, trim up etc. Perhaps something with layer control combined with different layer combination settings?

Just some thoughts...
HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"