cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

PDF import - ArchiCAD SE2012

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can one import PDF file to Archicad SE2012. It is ever possible?
Roman
8 REPLIES 8
Eduardo Rolon
In regular AC you have to options, either go File->External Content -> Place External Drawing or use the Drawing tool
Screen Shot 2013-01-18 at 11.14.21 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Drawing Icon
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
ejrolon wrote:
In regular AC you have to options, either go File->External Content -> Place External Drawing or use the Drawing tool

Unfortunately this tool doesn't work for SE version. You have to use Figure tool instead. One of the more important difference is that it is not linked PDF so it can't be updated automatically and you could not choose page if it is multipage PDF.
Zrzut ekranu 2013-01-18 o 17.25.11.png
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to use Figure tool, but with no success. Nothing was imported.
It seems there is no way to open pdfs in SE versions.
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
Roman wrote:
I tried to use Figure tool, but with no success. Nothing was imported.
It seems there is no way to open pdfs in SE versions.
It works in my SE2012 but this is Polish version, in my country there is no INT ACSE so I could not check it.
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
rocorona
Booster
I suspect that it is a Mac/Win issue. The MacOS allows you to read a PDF as an "image type" file.
A lucky unintended feature of the Figure tool

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Correct:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/DifferenceBetweenDrawingAndFigureTools

@Roman: A workaround for a Windows SE user would be to convert the PDF to an image format and place the resulting image. Any number of photo editors and/or PDF tools can re-save a PDF as an image. The negative is that it will now be pixels and not vectors, so you'll want to convert with a pixel density that works for your intended usage.

Another workaround is to convert the PDF to a DWG using something like Illustrator. The advantage here is that you will end up with not just scalable vectors (if the original PDF contained vectors, generated by some software - image scan-PDFs will NOT be vectorized) - but also snap points.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just read SE 2013 specs and if I am not wrong, it has external drawings (besides others improvements), so this might be the way.