Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

PROBLEMS WITH COMPOSITE STRUCTURES

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

I have created a custum composite. However when I apply it to a wall. Instead of seeing the hatch patterns that I have designated ... My wall is completley filled as if I told it to fill solid. Any ideas onconfigurations that would not allow me to properly display my wall? I played around with every wall setting .. and still no dice.

Thanks in advance.

Nerd93

Image 4.png
7 REPLIES 7
Djordje
Virtuoso
Check your display/model view options
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply, I found the model view option, I was looking in options and not documentation. Another quick question, now that I have my composite structures correctly showing in the model, they are still filled in my layouts, where do I modify this so that it will print my composites correctly?

Thank you,

and sorry for questions that probably seem evident to most.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
nerd93:

Check which Model View Options are associated with your Views. You may need to create a Model View Option Combination with the correct settings.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
nerd93 wrote:
now that I have my composite structures correctly showing in the model, they are still filled in my layouts, where do I modify this so that it will print my composites correctly?
The model view options are saved with the view, so you need to update the view and save. There is a button (I'm not at the office now) under "View Settings" with something like "Get Current View Settings". Click on this and save. Your layout should now update properly.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it really modelview options you chould change? I think your problem is that you have wrong settings in your wall setup or composite setup, could you post a screenshot of your wallsettings and composite settings?

Or if you mail me a small .pln file with only your wall in it so I can have a look.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ONE LAST QUESTION. I thought I had conquered the hatches and model views..but I have one last anomalie that showed up today in my plan. My walls no matter what I do will not fill in. However if I copy the walls into another archicad file that has filled walls, those same walls will now be filled. I know this would seem to mean I have an option somewhere that is different in each archicad file. But i looked in my model view options ...no luck. And this only applies to solid fill. If I put in any other hatch it works. Did I somehow push a keyboard shortcut on that did this or is there an option somewhere?. Can anyone help ?? Thank you in advance.

NERD93
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Maybe a Model View Options Dialog is where the answer lies.
Check the Cut Fill settings in this Dialog in both programs.
This could be the solution because Model View Options are project-specific (versus Work Environment settings, which are independent from the projects you are working on).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27