BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Parameter of label on Info toolbar

rob2218
Enthusiast
so...somewhere once I saw a tutorial from Eric Bobrow which showed how one can move up the parameters list certain variables so you can see them in the information box first...and now have to actually go into the objects parameters itself to revise them....

Anyone know where the heck I can move this particular parameter up the labels list of parameters so it shows up on the info tool bar as the first item I can change?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
There it is:
Anonymous
Not applicable
And the picture nr.2:
Info Box_Set display priority to information_02.jpg
rob2218
Enthusiast
it's not the "Tags and Categories"....need the "identifier" parameter to be seen as the first editable part on the info tool box.
parameter-readjustment-02.png
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
.....anybody else have any insight?
I've dug threw every 'Bobrow' video i could and can't seem to locate where the heck he explains how to move that parameter variable up so it shows at the front of the info toolbar listing......anyone, anyone...."Bueller, Bueller...anyone, anyone"?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is not what that video is about.
That video is about the ability to display or hide certain panel of the Settings Dialog or the Info Box.
But it is not possible to show individual parameters of GDL objects (and a Symbol Label is GDL Object) in the Info Box.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks Lasz but...I could have sworn there was a video i saw from Bobrow that showed how to move up along the list in the info box certain parameters....and one of them was the id.

He did it I believe for the doors? or windows? he moved the i.D. number of the doors and windows up along the info box.....so you could edit the door number (or window number) right from the in the info toolbar and not have to scroll all the way down to the right of the info toolbar to edit the parameter......I guess I'm missing something here though.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Karl Ottenstein
What Laszlo said.

The only 'identifier' you can display, and move, in the Info box is the ID. I usually have mine near the top. (I use a vertical Info box... you can not possibly display enough useful info with the GS default horizontal Info box.) Makes it easy to see/change the ID used for labels for Doors/Windows, etc.

For your label, if the label reads the object ID, rather than a separate 'identifier' parameter, then you can use the ID in the Info Box to change the label.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rob2218
Enthusiast
hum....ok.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is the video you are referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHkh6vcuZA

At 1:10 Eric starts to talk about how to move the ID setting panel of the Info Box near the top.
See, in order to be able to do what you ask for, the Label Info Box should have a possible setting panel called "Parameters" or something, which would give access from the Info Box to all parameters of a Label. If that existed, you would not have to go to the Settings Dialog to change a parameter of a Label. Unfortunately it is not possible to set parameters of GDL type elements from the Info Box.
I suppose the reason for this is that some GDL Objects (like Doors and Windows) have hundreds of parameters and that would just make a hell of a long list in an Info Box panel.
But even if this was possible, that panel would list ALL PARAMETERS of the GDL Object. It would still not be possible to have a separate panel in the Info Box for a single Parameter of a GDL Object (which is what you are asking: to display a particular parameter of the Label element in an Info Box panel).
rob2218 wrote:
thanks Lasz but...I could have sworn there was a video i saw from Bobrow that showed how to move up along the list in the info box certain parameters....and one of them was the id.
So in the Info Box you have panels that show certain settings of the Label, not certain parameters. Settings of a GDL type element and parameters of a GDL type element are different things.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!