Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Plan View not displaying correctly with Complex Profile

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to create a wall with a Stone skin and sill below the window and siding above the sill (when there is no window). I used a composite wall (1/2"gwb, 5 1/2" studs, 1/2" sheathing, 3/4" air space, 3/4" siding) as the full wall and then applied the complex profile of a stone skin with sill (1"air space, 3 1/2" stone, sill on top). I lined up the inside face of the sill to the inside face of the siding so that SEO would cut the siding leaving the air space. Not perfect but reasonable in section. The problem is that in plan it appears to cut off the siding and the ends of the windows which are flush with the siding. I have tried the different projection setting but to no avail. I was hoping that material priorities would cut automatically but it didnt work so SEO was what I did. Any thoughts on the projection of the sill taking over the wall? Thanks.

Plan View.jpg
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry,

I just tried the display order and that seems to work even with the composite and complex profile. The best way seems to be to set the main wall to display forward and it cleans up nicely. I tried to send the complex profile backward but it doesn't show properly with any slabs below so the wall it is. I will go with that for now and see if it is a usable method. Thanks for your help. (and David's too)
Barry Kelly
I am not quite sure why you are using 2 complex profile walls and then using SEO.
Have you tried using just the one wall incorporating your stonework and sill?

If your stonework is just below the windows and not between them as well then have a second complex profile wall without the stonework that you use between the windows.

So you will join walls end to end at the edges of the windows rather than one in front of the other with SEO.

With the plan view of a complex profile you can choose to see just the cut plane only or the cut plane and what is below (projected with overhead) but you can't pick and choose what you see in the projected part.

I only do fairly simple walls with complex profiles and am generally happy with just the 'Projected with overhead' setting.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Ridgebacks wrote:
I just tried the display order and that seems to work even with the composite and complex profile.
I tried this at first with no change, then after changing the Walls' Floor Plan Display the Display Order fixed the issue, glad you got it to work. Note: for Walls (and some other elements), SEO does not affect the Plan view.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14