Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Printing Black & White when its mean to be colour

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just wondering if anyone else has exprienced Plotmaker printing drawing in black and white when they are meant to be colour.

It happens infrequently to most of our users but one in particular has it happening all the time.

Any ideas?
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have never seen this myself. Are you sure that everything is set for color printing?

There are several places this can be controlled; in the individual drawing settings, in the book settings, in the PlotMaker print/plot settings (at print time), and in some printer drivers themselves.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, i have checked all the settings in the diffirent dialogues. I really cant think what it is, except a hardware/software problem
Ben Cohen
Advocate
Have you looked at the "uniform pens and colours" setting in the preferences of plotmaker. If this is checked the pens in Archicad will HAVE to correspond with the pens in plotmaker, otherwise you may get all black.
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This may seem very obvious, but PlotMaker is WYSIWYG. Does it appear to be black and white on the screen?

Assuming you have a colour monitor , this could be a telling sign!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem here. I have both PMK's and images (PAST / TIFF) in one layout in Plotmaker. I doublechecked everything but the plotter only plots the PMK's in colour. All the images are plotted as greyscale.

It's driving me mad and I need this very bad.
Djordje
Virtuoso
macdjoo wrote:
I have the same problem here. I have both PMK's and images (PAST / TIFF) in one layout in Plotmaker. I doublechecked everything but the plotter only plots the PMK's in colour. All the images are plotted as greyscale.

It's driving me mad and I need this very bad.
Which PlotMaker?

Can you post a screenshot of your settings?

Plotting or printing?

How is the plotter/printer driver set up?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Which PlotMaker?
PlotMaker 3.1.0 v1 INT (1307)

Djordje wrote:
Can you post a screenshot of your settings?

Djordje wrote:
Plotting or printing?
Plotting (to a HP 488CA)

Djordje wrote:
Plot drivers are the latest plotdrivers for that HP. (drivers only available for OS 9)

Djordje
Virtuoso
macdjoo wrote:
Djordje wrote:
Plot drivers are the latest plotdrivers for that HP. (drivers only available for OS 9)
I meant to ask is maybe the plotter set to use black ink only in the driver settings? Is the plotter's control panel (and driver) set to be driven by the software, as it should be from PlotMaker?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi there, I have the same strange problem, I've checked everywhere and ticked every case where it said color, but to no use, the plotter (hp designjet500) continues to PLOT in B&W, in my pmk drawings have got imbedded some jpg pictures, and color hatch.
The only way I could have my color back is by using the PRINT command under FILE. The PLOT one, is no use when it comes to color plotting, any clues?

thks