Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Printing dimensions same paper size regardless of scale

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi i am prety new here. my pbm is that i need to print the same plan 1:100 and then add more detail, and print it 1:50. the thing is i was requested that my dimensions have the same aham .. dimension (on paper) in the both prints. i am going to duplicate the dimensions and put them on diferent layers to hide or show for the 1:50. yet i was hoping there is(and i am prety sure there is) a easier way to acheave that without duplicating. like the checkbox i missed in who knows what window . i did storm the help file but missed it there too i guess.
10x for u'r help
MiniMe
edit:
oh i forgot, i am using archicad 10
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
The dimensions print the same size (on paper) regardless of scale unless you are rescaling the drawing on the layout. To setup drawings at different scales make two different views from the same source.

Since the smaller scale drawing cannot contain as much detail the different layers are necessary to separate the notes and dimensions not shared by the two drawings. If there are notes and dimensions which are to be shared, you will typically need a separate layer for these as well. That is unless the smaller scale notes and dimensions are a true subset of those on the large scale drawing - then they both share the smaller scale common stuff and the additional detail is turned on for the enlarged plan.

In general (as you probably know) it is a dangerous practice to duplicate information on different drawings. It is not as problematic as in the old manual days since the information is associative with the same source, but it is still extra work and can lead to subtler problems.
Anonymous
Not applicable
10Q mathew, that sure inlightened me, indeed that is what i did, i rescaled the drawing after placing it on the layout. i c the error of my ways now onece again thank u