Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem with Option Clicking Dimensions

rm
Advisor
GS,

I think I found a bug.....perhaps others could try this. Option clicking on a dimension stringer will not pick up all its attributes. It appears that the font, and marker size does not get picked up.

And for some reason, although many have asked for it, GS you still have not implemented having the direction of the dimension stringer picked up by option clicking.

It is so annoying & time consuming having to select which direction the stringer should be placed, vertical, horizontal, diagonal. This needs to have builtin intelligence, like every 2bit cad program has.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Robert,
No problem here with text and marker sizes being inherited. I agree whole heartedly with your direction request though. Hate having to undo and go over a string of dimensions because the direction was not inherited.
Ted Taylor
Contributor
Robert,

I have had similar problems picking up dimension attributes with eye dropper (option click). Played with it a bit and found the following. If I click on one of the marker nodes when the eye dropper shows black, nothing gets picked up. If I click on the dimension string line when the eye dropper shows a line in it, everything gets picked up and transfers fine. Unless I am misunderstanding the meanings of the changing eye dropper, this should be fixed.

Now can someone tell me where I should option click to pick up attributes of Elevation Dimension (the black triangle thingie)? There isn't a line.
Ted Taylor
Atlanta, GA , USA
iMac (Retina 5K, 27", Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 32GB
AMD Radeon R9 M395 2GB
OS10.14.2,
Latest Archicad 22
Djordje
Ace
Ted wrote:
Now can someone tell me where I should option click to pick up attributes of Elevation Dimension (the black triangle thingie)? There isn't a line.
There is, but invisible. It is vertical, and joining the tips of the markers. Find the striped eyedropper there.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen