Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: ArchiCAD 12 Announced!

Akos Pfemeter
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Archi-Talkers,

On behalf of my colleagues at Graphisoft I am proudly announcing the brand new release of ArchiCAD 12. In this new version we will deliver you a very rich set of features covering three main areas: speed, design and documentation.

You can read detailed descriptions of all the new features on the ArchiCAD 12 website but I would like to highlight one feature that is beneficial to every single user no matter what type of practice it is or where it is located. This is the multiprocessor support in ArchiCAD 12, which is by the way an industry first for a BIM application.

We all have been waiting for this announcement for long, so I would like to thank you for your patience now. I hope you understand that because of business considerations we couldn’t disclose any information about the new release earlier.

I hope you will all enjoy using the new release as we enjoyed creating it for you. And I would like to especially thank our Beta Users who have been very supportive during the Beta period.

Please visit http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ac12/ for more information on the new version. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact your local ArchiCAD representative.

I wish you all the best to ArchiCAD 12!

Akos Pfemeter

VP Global Cross-Brand Sales, Graphisoft

43 REPLIES 43
Chazz
Enthusiast
Lennox wrote:
Anyone got AC12 yet?
From my reseller (recieved yesterday):

Chazz's wrote:
Graphisoft has finalized the ArchiCAD 12 software and it will begin shipping to U.S. users this week. You can expect it to arrive next week or the following one.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all!

My reseller told me last week that I must wait until september with a little luck .

I'm talking about SPA version, of course...

Patient, my friend!!

Regards.
Karl Ottenstein
Reading about the SPA and IT (September) versions... I'm curious: do the distributors / resellers in these other countries offer you an option of obtaining the INT (English language) version immediately and a DVD with the localized version when it is finally released?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Chazz
Enthusiast
Karl wrote:
do the distributors / resellers in these other countries offer you an option of obtaining the INT (English language) version immediately and a DVD with the localized version when it is finally released?
I know others have asked, but why in the world is there no download option for AC12? Is it a size thing? The Mac OS 10.5.4 combined update from 10.5.2 is 560MB and my total update backlog is well over 700MB (I'll do it soon, I promise). Surely AC12 could be made smaller than that...

If Apple can post these kinds of downloads, why not GS?

Waiting for disks and dead trees to come in the mail feels so 90's....
__archiben
Booster
Chazz wrote:
I know others have asked, but why in the world is there no download option for AC12? Is it a size thing?
guessing: it's the rather archaic distributor>reseller business model that GS seem to operate. if you can download it, you can bypass the resellers and therefore take their business away. and quite frankly i see that as A Good Thing - get all of the info in one central place for once. but then they would actually have to do some work instead of just reaping the benefits of other's marketing and sales efforts...

bitter.
b
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
TomWaltz
Participant
Usually you can download it. It's part of the BIM Experience kit, isn't it?
Tom Waltz
TomWaltz
Participant
Chazz wrote:
If Apple can post these kinds of downloads, why not GS?
What 650 MB installers does Apple post?
Tom Waltz
Chazz
Enthusiast
TomWaltz wrote:
This, for example (677 MB):

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosx_updates/macosxservercombo1054.html

Most downloads are smaller, but a typical user, keeping OSX and ancillary tools current through the year will end up downloading close to a Gig of stuff off the Apple servers.

Bandwidth costs money, no doubt about that, but it's got to be cheaper than duping, packaging and shipping media, no? Most places that sell software by the box or download charge less for the latter.

Woooweeee my 500th post!
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
TomWaltz wrote:
The latest XCode update (3.1) weighs in at just over 1GB.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Reading about the SPA and IT (September) versions... I'm curious: do the distributors / resellers in these other countries offer you an option of obtaining the INT (English language) version immediately and a DVD with the localized version when it is finally released?

Karl
No. They don't, AFAIK...

Regards!