Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: ArchiCAD 12 Announced!

Akos Pfemeter
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Archi-Talkers,

On behalf of my colleagues at Graphisoft I am proudly announcing the brand new release of ArchiCAD 12. In this new version we will deliver you a very rich set of features covering three main areas: speed, design and documentation.

You can read detailed descriptions of all the new features on the ArchiCAD 12 website but I would like to highlight one feature that is beneficial to every single user no matter what type of practice it is or where it is located. This is the multiprocessor support in ArchiCAD 12, which is by the way an industry first for a BIM application.

We all have been waiting for this announcement for long, so I would like to thank you for your patience now. I hope you understand that because of business considerations we couldn’t disclose any information about the new release earlier.

I hope you will all enjoy using the new release as we enjoyed creating it for you. And I would like to especially thank our Beta Users who have been very supportive during the Beta period.

Please visit http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ac12/ for more information on the new version. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact your local ArchiCAD representative.

I wish you all the best to ArchiCAD 12!

Akos Pfemeter

VP Global Cross-Brand Sales, Graphisoft

43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous
Not applicable
i will be a happy man when i can model and produce CD's for Notre Dame du Haut, Ronchamp using standard tools within archiCAD

deliver me.........

Don Lee
TomWaltz
Participant
yukioMishima wrote:
any word on whether or not the GDL authoring environment has been enhanced (a few additional parameters is about all we seem to get from version to version)
There is no noticeable improvement to GDL in AC12, just what is required for the other new features.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone noticed if in AC12, when you have the turned plaster/skins function selected on a window, are the effects visible in the 3d window/elevations?
Is there any change regarding the ability to assign data to module instances? Like say have a module 'ID'?
Karl Ottenstein
Ignacio wrote:
Is there any change regarding the ability to assign data to module instances? Like say have a module 'ID'?
Not AFAIK.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Who knows about (minor) improvements in the window library 12 (INT version)?

More specific : did GS add parameters to adjust the size of window frames individually left, right, ... to improve the visibility of ganging windows?
Rakela Raul
Participant
i see a lot of talk about ac12 here and i just got an email that ac12 will be shipping on July 15 ????

and a special price for 'stair builder' x ac12 x 160dls
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey. Just in TIME!

I'm just setting up my dual-quad core desktop system. Now all we need is a linux version so it will work on my SUSE or Ubuntu box, without any degradation in 3d performance. THAT would rock and I'd stop using anything else I think.

I'm excited. Maybe even I can convince the whole office to upgrade from 10 to 12- we've all got dual core or better. Can we DL a demo to see the difference?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Its mid July - I think.

Anyone got AC12 yet (apart from beta testers)
Or any word on actual shipping date?
Is it a coooooooooool box?
Rakela Raul
Participant
boxes aare already in resellers offices, so u will be getting anytime now...
at least here
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16