Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof Dashed Lines merging as a solid line

Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi All,When you have your roof outline show in story below the dashed line type merges where two roof plains meet making a solid line.Apparently from my reseller Graphisoft aren't going to fix in V9 but will be fixed in V10.Is anybody else getting this?I would think this problem to be fixed in V1. Your work around if different to 2D lines manually drawn would be appreciated.Thanks
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brett,
You might try redrawing one of the roofs in the opposite direction.
Meaning, if the edges of the roof were drawn clockwise,
redraw them counterclockwise.
Peter Devlin
TomWaltz
Participant
There was some workaround for that a while back.

If I remember right, it meant drawing the overlapping edges first, since the dashes are calculated from the first point you place on the roof.'

Yes, it's a goofy bug, and I seriously doubt it will be fixed any time soon.
Tom Waltz
Barry Kelly
Brett wrote:
Hi All,When you have your roof outline show in story below the dashed line type merges where two roof plains meet making a solid line.Apparently from my reseller Graphisoft aren't going to fix in V9 but will be fixed in V10.Is anybody else getting this?I would think this problem to be fixed in V1. Your work around if different to 2D lines manually drawn would be appreciated.Thanks
Try editing your line type used for the roof (or make a new one).

Set one with various length lines and gaps - so that when they do overlap you should still be left with some gaps somewhere along the overlapping edge.
The line I use has a 3mm line, 2mm gap, 0.5mm line, 2mm gap, 1mmline, 2mm gap, 0.5mm line, 2mm gap (scale independent).

This seems to work most of the time.
You still end up with gaps at corners and the spacing along overlapping lines is not constant.
But it seems to work better than evenly spaced lines/gaps.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11