Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof church

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can someone tell me how to modeling this shape of roof? If I made from roof panes, rotate in 3D and save an object, I can't use Roof Wizard for this.
In fact, this shape is a curb shape and maybe Complex Profile is the answer.
But I don't know how to draw the profile.
Thanks in advance.

Church.JPG
15 REPLIES 15
This is the object ( Spiral 15 ) that when multiply/rotated makes the glass.

Shot at 2011-09-22

6364 polygons

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
mmm... ? huh ?
you are making this form for fun or actually using it ?
is this not a whopping amount of poly data for such a form ?

Ian
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:

In my opinion, ArchiCAD is not a free form modeler and does not need to be.
ArchiCAD is for making construction documents.
ArchiCAD can make construction documents even for Blobitecture and shapes that appear to be free form but if the thing you want to make is truly free from then you don't need construction documents. What you need for that are illustrations.

From what I saw on youtube, it seems that Revit can be a free-form modeler, and can made these kind of shapes.
Returning to the forms you have draw, I can say there are very successful. I don't have AC 15 yet, but maybe if I trying to use Spiral 13, I will succeed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't get it. What if revit does it? You are going to change your cad program because you cannot make a form on it??? It's so weird to see other programs that do things that archicad "can't", mentioned.
In any way, that was a very good model. Steve . 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable
cartann wrote:
I don't get it. What if revit does it? You are going to change your cad program because you cannot make a form on it??? It's so weird to see other programs that do things that archicad "can't", mentioned.
In any way, that was a very good model. Steve . 🙂
Don't misunderstand. I don't change my cad program for that, I just wanted to know if Archicad can make such form, compared with other programs (especially Revit).
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's just that sometimes I feel bad about the things I could do with "other" programs.Till now there is nothing you can't do with AC. 🙂 Some of the guys here are just the best. I'm an ex VW user. AC was a big step forward for me.
I did not expected to much from VW because the price was on my range, but I knew it's limitations. Now, AC is a grown up program, even in his price . heheheh Just kidding. I'm a one man show, I cannot afford Objective or Revit or even so many nice Add ons. I just love when we got solutions for AC itself.
Sorry, not ranting, just my concerns.

by the way, Maya can do such amazing shapes!!!! 🙂