Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

RoofMaker Problem in ArchiCAD 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have finished Roof Construction, and I was supprised seeing my purlins are visible on the places they are crossing the rafters. On the section view everything is OK, purlins are under the rafters, but on the plan view there are no any line breakes.
Display Order didn't help me.
I'm newcomer with ArchiCAD, so I would be appriciate to anyone who can help me.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is my question stupid or just noone want to help me
Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't take it personally...Your problem needs more explanation...

Have you checked your objects fill settings? Have you checked your display options?

Sometimes, you have to just put a "cheat" fill over areas that you would like hidden...

This happens a lot with solid element ops (esp. subtraction)...Looks great in 3D, but subtraction is lacking in plan view.
Djordje
Virtuoso
Kardelj wrote:
I have finished Roof Construction, and I was supprised seeing my purlins are visible on the places they are crossing the rafters. On the section view everything is OK, purlins are under the rafters, but on the plan view there are no any line breakes.
The purlin object should have a non-transparent fill in order to cover the object below; check the object settings, there might be one in 2D representation. Make sure that your fills are set to "Use element seetings" in Preferences/Miscellaneous.

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
To Djordje:

The main problem is that rafters don't have a non-transparent fill.
There are no any fill settings for purlins and rafters on the Floor Plan Section of the "Object Selection Setting". My fills are set to "Use element settings".

To Richard Schlangen:

I didn't find anything unusual with my settings.
"Cheat" empty fill without frame along by the rafters solved my problem, but it's little bit uncomfortable.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kardelj wrote:

"Cheat" empty fill without frame along by the rafters solved my problem, but it's little bit uncomfortable.

Cheating with fills makes me terribly uncomfortable as well. Its very easy to have those cheat fills inadvertantly show in views they shouldn't be in...and it's very difficult to notice them until it's too late.

Another solution of course is to replace your rafters with the Trus Joist objects offered freely at:
http://www.trusjoist.com/EngSite/GDL/?CategoryID=2&SubCategoryID=79&SubCategory2ID=186&sortOrder=2

Admittedly, this can be a little time consuming but, IMHO, it is well worth the effort.
Djordje
Virtuoso
Kardelj wrote:
To Djordje:

The main problem is that rafters don't have a non-transparent fill.
There are no any fill settings for purlins and rafters on the Floor Plan Section of the "Object Selection Setting". My fills are set to "Use element settings".
Have to admit that I have not used the Roof structure - wooden - in the last ... hm ... years. No need here ...

So I do think this warrants a wish?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen