Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Rotated worksheet or view?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to be able to create a Worksheet which is rotated from the source view. In this case the source view is a plan view. My goal is to take an area that is at an angle in plan and rotate it to horizontal in a Worksheet for ease of labeling, dimensioning, and layout.

Failing this, perhaps it's possible to create Views of the same floor plan that are at different angles? If so, could I use a rotated View as a basis for my Worksheet?

I don't want to rotate my entire project, and I also want to keep the "rebuild from source view" capability that the Worksheet offers.

Any help would be much appreciated!
3 REPLIES 3
NandoMogollon
Expert
Hi, i think that is not possible at AC11... (if you are looking for a "rotate plan" like autocad does).

But you can rotate the main grid, and make a couple of Favorites with the specific rotation angle pre-fixed. (labels, text, etc) the dimension lines you will have to rotate manually.

Cheers.

Nando
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
Geof Gainer
Booster
Often wanted to do the same thing. Good one for a wish list (unless it's in 12!)...
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2
Make the drawing you want to add the annotation to a reference drawing. You can rotate a reference drawing to any angle you want.
Make the annotation to fit that rotated view, copy and past it into the original drawing. Not a great solution but it works for notes.

Labels you can change all at the same time when you edit Label Orientaion.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25