cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SEO - hiding OPERATORS in floor plans

Anonymous
Not applicable
2 month old new user.
I'm trying to "trim" an object I created using the profiler by using Subtraction. I need the operator to be invisible in the plans, sections and elevations, whilst maintaining the cut/trim.
Please help.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Moses,
After doing the SEO, assign the the trimming object (operator) to
a hidden layer. I have a layer called "Hidden Operators" that is
always hidden for just this purpose.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Peter,
However, turning off the hidden layer does not preserve the cut/trim/hole in plan view. (i.e. the Target appears to have not been cut).

Is there a way to preserve the "cut view" in plan.
__archiben
Booster
Moses wrote:
Is there a way to preserve the "cut view" in plan.
if i'm understanding what you want to do correctly, i'm sorry to have to tell you that solid element operations don't stretch to performing any operation in plan/2D/documentation view. SEOs are 3D operations only.

you can sometimes get around this by using the outline of the operator as its 2D documentation . . . tricky use of layers and/or 2D drafting is unfortunately the way to go at the moment . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Karl Ottenstein
Yes, this lack of 2D coordination with SEOps has been the number 1 limitation of them for documenation purposes.

Any of the workarounds are not "live".

For example, you can view the operated-upon elements in 3D, plan view, and save as a new GDL object. The resulting object will show correctly everywhere, and the plan (2D) symbol can be edited further in the GDL 2D symbol window to clean up the linework. But, that object cannot be modified further. In the case of a profile, that is not too serious, but if it were a wall or roof it is.

A hybrid is the next step. View the elements in 3D window in hidden line, plan (top view) mode. Capture the linework (flat marquee). Use this linework to construct a custom patch to cover up the elements in plan. (Or, use the object approach above and copy the linework from the 2D symbol ... or just convert the object to a 2D only object... or combine the results with the Patch Tool.)

Neither approach is satisfactory, but might lead to some ideas that work for you.

By the way, Cigraph's ArchiForma 2 add-on for AC 9 has the concept of drilling 'holes' (can be freeform) in AF objects, such as extrusions (equal, but more powerful than Profiler because of editable hotspots). Drilling is basically an SEO subtract ... but only works with AF hole shapes. The resulting objects do show correctly in plan (and in all views).

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB