Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SEO limitations

Daniel Lindahl
Contributor
Are there limits to how many Solid Element Operations you can have in one file, or on one particular component maybe? I have a problem that I first experienced a few years ago and now it has cropped up again:

I use SOE to carve out the site mesh for slabs, footings etc. and just today I noticed that when I add another SOE cut to the mesh another previous one disappears. They are not adjacent to each other, and it seems to be random which SOE gets annulled.

Very frustrating. This is in a file where I am still using AC16, not sure if that is relevant here.

Another related question: is there any way you can see a count of how many SOE's you have acting on a particular component (just in case there is a limit)?
cheers
Daniel
-------------------------------------
Daniel Lindahl Architecture
AC24 | Dell Inspiron 16+ | Windows 11
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Daniel wrote:
Another related question: is there any way you can see a count of how many SOE's you have acting on a particular component (just in case there is a limit)?
Select the element in the 3D Window, the Connect icon (4 squares inside a square) appears, click on that icon to get a list of Connected elements (includes SEO). I have found later versions to be better at SEO, so you might test the file in AC17 to see if it improves performance. I have occasionally run across the problem you described in Section, where the view was not updating properly, and found moving the Section line once, then back to its original location fixed the display issue.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Daniel Lindahl
Contributor
Thanks David, that was very helpful!

Moving the section line didn't fix it but migrating it to AC17 did. And all the SEO's that looked like they hadn't taken were all there and accounted for, I didn't have to set them up over again.

Sorry I've taken so long to reply, got really busy all of a sudden.
cheers
Daniel
-------------------------------------
Daniel Lindahl Architecture
AC24 | Dell Inspiron 16+ | Windows 11
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Daniel wrote:
Moving the section line didn't fix it but migrating it to AC17 did. And all the SEO's that looked like they hadn't taken were all there and accounted for, I didn't have to set them up over again.
Good to hear, one of those internal improvements that is usually hard to quantify.
Daniel wrote:
Sorry I've taken so long to reply, got really busy all of a sudden.
That is a good problem!

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14