cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SLAB Line on Elevation view: how to clean/hide

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am working on an apartment building. In the elevation view, I wanna to clean up the slab line.

I understand that Walls and Slabs must have same material in order to do so. I tried to set them with same material and aligned them all nicely.

However the slab line between stories still shows out on elevation. in attached, we can see double lines of slab.

Am I missing something?

Please advise.

Thanks a lot
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
you could turn the slab layer off for elevations, and then adjust the layer priorities.
Anonymous
Not applicable
TiggerF wrote:
you could turn the slab layer off for elevations, and then adjust the layer priorities.
Thanks a lot mate.

Maybe that's the one.
Anonymous
Not applicable
TiggerF wrote:

Hi,

Yes i can stop the slab short before the wall. However I am having a construction situation with slab coming to external wall edge.

I checked layer priority and shuffled it around but the slab lines still show on elevation.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks a lot
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmm.

It worked for me doing a quick test. Did you make sure the number of the layer you turned off (ie the slab layer) was different to the walls still displayed. Maybe try a rebuild from the model.

If that still doesn't work, you could always create a composite with a 10mm finish on it so that in elevation you show the entire model, but then you can show core only in other circumstances
David Maudlin
Rockstar
tranthainguyen:

Another item to check is that the top of the slab elevation and the bottom of the wall elevation are exactly the same (also for bottom of slab/top of wall elevations). They should clean up.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

Attached link is a similar example of the situation I have (Slab and Wall clean up on elevation). They dont clean up on elevation view:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/as43xu4ocg4ts7y/Example.pln?dl=0

I remember this was almost very easy. But somehow I am missing something.

Please have a look and hope you could shed some lights on it.

Thanks a lot

Cheers
David Maudlin
Rockstar
tranthainguyen:

The Wall goes through the Slab. You have a couple options:
1. Copy the Wall so there are two Walls, one on each Story. The top of the lower Wall should match the bottom of the Slab, and the bottom of the upper Wall should match the top of the Slab.
2. SEO the Wall and the Slab.
3. Pull the edge of the Slab back so it meets the inside face of the Wall.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
tranthainguyen:

The Wall goes through the Slab. You have a couple options:
1. Copy the Wall so there are two Walls, one on each Story. The top of the lower Wall should match the bottom of the Slab, and the bottom of the upper Wall should match the top of the Slab.
2. SEO the Wall and the Slab.
3. Pull the edge of the Slab back so it meets the inside face of the Wall.

David
Thanks a lot David.