Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SURVEY: What do you think about ArchiCAD's Documentation?

Katica Avvakumovits
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Click the link to let Graphisoft know what you think about ArchiCAD Documentation:

http://www.graphisoft.com/survey/documentation/

Please make your comments specific: this helps us give due consideration to your ideas, and lets us act on them.

Thank you!
Katica Avvakumovits
Graphisoft Publishing Team
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Using a questionnaire like this doesn´t work, not very efficient because it is separate totaly from the moment of reading the documentation.

Right now, I´m learning VIZ4, and in every page of the documentation, there is a link to comment:

" Using this form sends your comments to the Technical Publications group responsible for this documentation. Note: This form is not intended as a way for you to receive feedback or technical support. The information you provide will be used to enhance future updates to the documentation. Thanks! "

So you can comment right on the context. Just like "Change this" or " Explain better this detail"
Yes, that is the way. Not an ineffective questionnaire. I just don´t remember which parts should be enhanced, we have to commnet on the moment of reading the documentation.
Maybe you guys could learn something from Autodesk Marketing.
Or maybe I´m taking too hard...
stefan
Expert
I took the survey, as I think it has it's uses.

I'd like:

- the manuals to be not too detailled, but following a well thought out workflow. More like the Step by Step, but evolving through more advanced topics.

- the online help-files should be much more detailled! There should be a reference on every single feature, parameter, setting, value, ... No need for trial and error to find out what a particular parameter does! Make it technical. If needed, provide a main level of information, but leave an option to ask more detailled information, more technical background.

- There should also be information on how things should be approached, why things are working as they do and what are good working habits. Preferably in the Step-By-Step version.

The MSDN-development libraries are what I want from electronic helpfiles: large, detailled, complete, cross-referenced and with lot's of 'code' examples. They also include full books, knowledge-base articles, how-to's, indices, tutorials, samples, ... About a gigabyte when you install them, but this is well spent, even if you only step through 1% of it (since not everyone is needing the same information).
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Katica Avvakumovits
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Thank you to everyone who responded to this Survey. We appreciate your comments and are taking them into account in improving and updating our Help system for ArchiCAD.
Katica Avvakumovits
Graphisoft Publishing Team