Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Section CUT through objects ?!

villach
Contributor

My biggest issue is that I can't find any property that would make objects in sections ''non-cuttable''. Is it really a thing, like Archicad really doesn't have that option ?!

Operating system used: Windows

image.png

7 REPLIES 7
Scott Boyd Turner
Enthusiast

If it’s a 3D modelled element, it’s layer is on, and it’s renovation status is visible it will be cut by a section or elevation. 
if you don’t want it cut turn off the layer in the section settings.

Elements not being cut in sections is a really frustrating‘feature’ in Revit and is being rectified in latest releases.

Regards,

Scott
MSI Creator ZP16, i7-12700H, 32GB RAM, RTX 3070 8GB
Barry Kelly

Why would you not want to cut something if it passes trough the section line?

If you are talking about the mesh or slab at the bottom of your image, move it so it is not cut by the section line.

If that is not possible, hide the layer in that section view.

Or place a fill over it to disguise it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
BrunoH
Expert

Hi Villach,

You have two options : Modify the cut line to not cut the objet,

create a 2D object or place an existing one in the section and mask the layer of the 3D one.

Capture d’écran 2024-06-12 à 11.26.27.png

Capture d’écran 2024-06-12 à 11.21.45.png

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey

So this is really a problem because we need to duouble our time masking the cut elements or replacing them with 2D. Existance of ''on/off'' button in objects properties would make this a lot easier. Right now I don't have a problem because I can break section around car, but if it was through buildings object then it would be big problem!

Well I hope they implement exact feature in Archicads new version, if its not there yet (I am using 25)

You mis interpreted my comment about this ‘feature’ in Revit not Archicad, in Revit some classes of family are not cut in section no matter whether they are 3D or just 2D.

i would not typically show 3D entourage elements in sections these elements would just be for 3D views so I have a layer called entourage_3D that is only visible in 3D presentation layer states.

Regards,

Scott
MSI Creator ZP16, i7-12700H, 32GB RAM, RTX 3070 8GB

No it's not a double time work. Masking those 3D element is just placing them on a specific layer that you turn invisible for section's layers combinations.

Layers combinations are stored in vue so you'll have to do this only once. This can be set in your Model.

Place a 2D object is just one clic.

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey

Setup info provided by author