cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Section Marked distance

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,
I am trying to figure out why this line is coming out the colour/ pen it is... Icant see it anywhere in the section settings. How do I control it.?

ps I can send .pln file as it is easier to view?
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It is the uncut pen of either the Wall or the Foundation as set in their respective Dialogs.
It may be that it is up to chance which of the two overlapping lines will show in Section.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Dwayne:

It looks like the same color as the right edge of the foundation wall, so check that wall's settings.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello there
Thanks for your replies but, I have checked all settings & nothing seems to explain why that particulaer pen. I havent put that pen number anywhere... It appears to be related to the uncut line pen, but it comes out in a pen colour which seems like a half colour & weight of the selected pen...

does this make sense?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwayne wrote:
Hello there
Thanks for your replies but, I have checked all settings & nothing seems to explain why that particulaer pen. I havent put that pen number anywhere... It appears to be related to the uncut line pen, but it comes out in a pen colour which seems like a half colour & weight of the selected pen...

does this make sense?
Yes, that's what the Marked Distant Area option does, unless you check the "Uniform pen for uncut elements" in the Marked Distant Area section of Model Display in Section / Elevation Settings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is the weirdest thing as it oply applies to slabs & objects, not walls or roofs.
This is really annoying.