Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Shadows on floor plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can help me with putting shadows on to my floor plan? I know I"ve done it before, but can't remember for the life of me how I did it. Any help would be great!!!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you have done an 3d isometric render 90 degree above your plane, maybe with a cuttingplane in window height.
Use the cutting planes.
Internal 3D Engine.

Tip for shadows.

Surround the area you want to see with the marque tool: (last one on the right) Copy the construction elements only and paste into drawing, Copy the shadows only and paste to the same location.

The idea is to get shadows not to have that annoying line at the edge.

Sometimes you may even want to change those shadow fills to a Linear Gradient Fill so you can fade out the edges.

The same trick works for sketch rendering also.

Display it in hidden line mode, copy and paste into drawing, select all the lines and change them to a squiggle type. Now you can clean it up, delete some of the extra lines, and it will still look like a sketch render, and the shadows will not have that line at the edge.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25