Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Showing stuff above as dashed lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello

I have a 2 story building.
there are parts of the second story that stick out over the 1st story.
I'd like to show these parts as dashed lines,
Is there a way to do that?

I usually export plans to illustrator as pdf then import the top story pdf on top of it and trace whatever sticks out IN illsutrator.
I thought if I could do this in archicad altogether, it'd be nice.

Please let me know if you have any tips

thank you
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Dmzedsunday:

This depends on what type of element (Slab, Wall, Roof etc) needs to be shown. Most elements have an option to show on more than 1 story. Under Preferences > Construction Elements, there are options for the line type used to show certain elements above or below their Home Story.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David

Thank you very much.
I added my version & computer info on my signature, thanks for the tip!
If settings and configurations are too much bother, you can show the first floor as a Trace Reference and draw a dashed line where you want them to show up.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25