Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how to model using tube

Llian
Advocate
here's a fairly easy but can't figure out how ...can someone help please!
how do i model a tube [ 1-1/2" dia tube with elbow of 4" radius?

Screen shot 2011-08-07 at 1.27.43 AM.png
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA | CAPM | PMP
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
In the library under /special construction/basic shapes is a tube and elbow piece that will do what you want.
Llian
Advocate
yes...i have tried them but just dont' know how to use the elbow....i just need to see a step by step video to understand.
Lilian Seow
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
Anonymous
Not applicable
It may be easier to use a profiled wall.
Llian
Advocate
yes, the model i posted used the complex profile method. it's easier with flat tube but i can't figure out how to use a round tube with the same method....i'm sure ac has thought of that....
Lilian Seow
Llian
Advocate
the model ..... with flat tube
Lilian Seow
Anonymous
Not applicable
Use the profile editor to make any shape you want.
Llian
Advocate
thanks matthew.....but....how?
Lilian Seow
Anonymous
Not applicable
Use the custom profile editor to create the tube - then draw out the vertical and horizontal legs of the tube in plan - save each one as an object in the 3d window with the camera oriented to look down at what you want as the top end - then place the objects
Anonymous
Not applicable
I recommend not making the tube hollow unless you need to. It doubles the number of polygons.