Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

can't change wall line thickness

Anonymous
Not applicable
just started using 17 recently. my walls in plan are showing as thin light grey and i can't seem to change it. true line weight is selected, and no matter what i do in the wall selection settings makes a difference. floor plan display, outlines, renovation filters. and the wall end lines at windows and doors are heavy blk, but i don't see how to change them either. so far the help section is useless too.
3 REPLIES 3
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Can you post a picture?

Is the Wall a Composite or Profile? (as the cut lines can only be set for those types within the Composites editor or Profile manager - you can right click to access those dialogues directly).
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
they are composites, but it looks like the contours are pen #1 i have the view set to core only, but the contours that are showing are still pen #1 and i haven't messed with the pens. and you can see the wall contours at the door opening are #1 but i don't know where i would change those if i wanted to, or why they are showing as correct.
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
You've set the separator lines as Pen 2, and end lines as Pen 1. So the floor plan looks correct.

If you want to change the thickness of Pen 2, then you need to open the Pens and Colors attribute and edit the thickness of that pen in the currently active pen set.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager