Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Slab and Curved Beam (AC 17)

Anonymous
Not applicable
subtraction not complete

[/img]
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
It is fine so long as your beam reference line is on the curve of the slab.
Barry.
beam_17.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Let me add a bit of explanation to Barry's excellent point.
Curves are approximated by ArchiCAD.
Those segmentations you see in the problematic picture is when the segmentation of the Slab and the segmentation of the Beam are derived from different curves and so there can be such inaccuracies.
When the Beam's Reference Line is on the contour of the Slab, the segmentation of their curved surfaces will be derived from two exact same curves. This is why they give proper result in 3D.
This same principle can be used in similar cases as well, but with other element types. For example a curved Wall and curved Slab on top of it (when the top fo the Wall is at the bottom of the Slab, they don't intersect).
Although, I might add, with AC17 this may be a less of a problem because intersecting elements may be modelled differently in the future.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Ernest Atanasiu
Advisor
Is AC17 available?
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
Karl Ottenstein
uisanata wrote:
Is AC17 available?
Not yet. From the press release here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/info/news/press_releases/ac17.html
ArchiCAD 17 will be released on June 1, 2013, with shipment to customers beginning within a few weeks of the official release. Following a tight release schedule, all 26 local versions are planned to reach the market by the end of Q3 2013.
So, "within a "few weeks" for certain languages. I've not seen a published timetable of when each version will be released, but typically the INT, GER, USA and AUS seem to be released first as I recall.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB