cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Slanted wall thickness is not consistent

xissburg
Newcomer

When a slant angle is applied to a wall it becomes thicker. That is, a slanted wall is "sheared" and not rotated instead, which results in different thicknesses when they're stacked on top of another. It also doesn't make sense from a construction standpoint, because the materials do not become thicker when they are titled. Example:

Capture 2024-07-29 16-21-33.PNG

Is it possible to rotate a wall instead? Thank you!

Operating system used: Windows 22H2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
xissburg
Newcomer

"materials do not become thicker when they are titled" - actually, this statement is not correct. Materials do become thicker with respect to the horizontal plane.

Anyways, I think the correct approach to create a wall with this shape (starts vertical and then tilts at a height of 80cm) is using a custom complex profile.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
xissburg
Newcomer

"materials do not become thicker when they are titled" - actually, this statement is not correct. Materials do become thicker with respect to the horizontal plane.

Anyways, I think the correct approach to create a wall with this shape (starts vertical and then tilts at a height of 80cm) is using a custom complex profile.

I see this problem and i can't find a suitable solution even using complex profiled wall will differ if you change the slant angle later.

I guess you can duplicate that composite and after giving it the desired slant angle you can create a section through the wall and readjust the newly created composite layers' thicknesses to the actual measured values given from the section, the defect in this way is you'll have to repeat (measuring from section & readjusting layers' thick) steps if the slant angle changed later.

Edit : I apologize for this reply as I discovered it’s completely away from being correct.

AC 27 INT 5030/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
Barry Kelly

The difference in thickness is because there is no mitre at the join.

Best approach is a complex profile wall as suggested.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author