Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Sloping Profiler

Scott Bulmer
Booster
I seem to have forgotten how to make a sloping profile. Can someone please advise me before I kill myself.
Thanks, as usual.
Scott

Axo 2B.jpg
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
60 REPLIES 60
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Peter.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter,

I've followed your instructions and have gotten the detail looking decent except for one thing. Please see the attached images. The sloping profile cuts well but when I use a slab to cut the eave profile it doesn't get the correct angle. I believe it not only needs to be cut at a 45 but the edge of the slab also needs to have an angle to get it to clean up correctly? Is this what you did in your instructions? Thanks and sorry, this is my first try at attempting to fully detail a building and there have been a few kinks on my part.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Intersection
not clean.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Steven,
The cuts must be plumb cuts so the slab edges
must be perpendicular ie vertical.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
They are plumb cuts.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm thinking it's close enough and will have to do. Notice the problem with the returns not cleaning up too. The return soffit depth is less than the eave soffit depth, so the soffit does not cut at a 45, which means the moldings that are a part of the soffit/return piece also do not cut at a 45. I'm thinking I would have to make each trim piece a separate part on separate layers with different layer priorities for this to work, and I have bigger fish to fry.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Steven,
The cut on the right member appears to be correct.
The cut on the left is not correct. Could you show us
a top down view of these two pieces ?
Thanks,
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here it is. Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Steven,
Why is the left member wider then the right member.
The plan width should be the same. Also, your image
seems to be a perspective. Could we have an orthogonal top view ?
Thanks,
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
They are the same width.