Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Solid Element Op : Site Plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a series of slabs on my site plan for sidewalks, driveways, roads, etc.

I would like to join the slabs together so that my linework in plan reads properly.

Could someone advise me on this?

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Dwight
Newcomer
The levels change?
Or it's Manitoba so it is totally flat?
Altho South Dakota beats Manitoba for flat.

Slabs of the same level can easily be joined/unified with the growanode tool (Grow a Node??) See the pet palette - with a "+".

If the slabs do change and you want to hide adjoining edges, then mask them with a solid fill or an opaque fill.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
i cant view your attached image....do you mean the 'add to polygon'?

if so, that wont do, as i have multiple existing slabs that i want to join - not redraw/retrace them.

and yeah, they are all on the same level.
and yeah, manitoba is flat.

by the way, how was the 'boil water' advisory for you?
__archiben
Booster
LINZ wrote:
....do you mean the 'add to polygon'?

if so, that wont do, as i have multiple existing slabs that i want to join - not redraw/retrace them.by the way, how was the 'boil water' advisory for you?
use the 'add to polygon' command as dwight suggests - but rather than re-drawing around the edge of all the extra slabs, just spacebar-click on their edges. this will add the shape of the extra slabs to your selected slab.

you will have to go back and delete all of the extra slabs you don't want.

just to check: this is for slabs that are all identical in their settings right? same material, thickness, level, etc? can you post a screenshot.

what's needed, of course, is the 'unify' command expanded to be able to deal with polygons rather than just linear elements.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Dwight
Newcomer
All i drink is diet cola. With a twist.
Now ask me about the two feet of snow.
krikey!

Sorry to forget about the magic wand thing, but that IS the second half of proper growanode advice.

Thanks Ben.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks! the magic wand did it... i DID have to add each slab individually though.

on another thought, i have a problem with slabs as lots. as you can see on the attached image, adjacent lots cause the property line 'line type' to be obscured.

any thoughts?

PLoverlap.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lindsay

This is always a problem, unless edges are drawn in the same direction from the same starting point. Annoying with roof lines also.
__archiben
Booster
LINZ wrote:
any thoughts?
use a fine pen for your slabs and a thicker one for the boundary line?

that archicad is unable to clean up overlapping model view element lines is a huge documentation let down. try placing two roofs next to each other and showing them on the storey below. a simple dash line cannot even line itself up . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup