Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Some stair attributes can not be changed in ArchiCAD 15

compu
Contributor
Hi.

I can not change some attributes of a stair in ArchiCAD 15.

I have a stair which I want to display it in the story above, changed is display setting to "Home & One Story Up" but I don't want its breakline. Gone to "edit stair", and Attributes from "Symbol Settings", 2D Above Home Story and set "Breakline" to off...

But nothing's changed. =/ It's the same for any setting in Attributes pages.

Maybe you may want to watch it from the video I've just uploaded here: http://youtu.be/fKU5dBvJNvM
archisem.com
14 REPLIES 14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Do not use the Edit Stair button to achieve this. Instead, select the Stair and go to the Stair Settings Dialog and change the parameters there. That should work.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
compu
Contributor
laszlonagy wrote:
Do not use the Edit Stair button to achieve this. Instead, select the Stair and go to the Stair Settings Dialog and change the parameters there. That should work.
That should work, yes but why not using Edit Stair? What is Edit Stair for? This function has no problem in 14 but it's not working in 15. Sorry but this smells like a bug for me.
archisem.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
What happens if you change the symbol type to symbol 7 or 8 out of the menu on the left around the 40second mark of your video?
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
compu wrote:

That should work, yes but why not using Edit Stair? What is Edit Stair for? This function has no problem in 14 but it's not working in 15. Sorry but this smells like a bug for me.
It's always worked this way to my knowledge. If you change the parameters via Edit Stair, then you'll need to select another stair from the browser area, and then re-select the stair you just edited -- this assigns the stair the default settings (as you just changed via Edit Stair).
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I agree with Laura.
Imagine the StairMaker Dialog (where you get when you click Edit Stair) similar to the Library Part Editor. Here you create your stair and the parameter values you set are the default parameter values.
If you now place a Stair it will use those values.
However, if you select an already placed Stair and go to its Settings Dialog you can modify the parameter values for that selected instance.
If you go again to the StairMaker Dialog (with Edit Stair command) you will be again modifying the default parameter values of a certain Stair type, not the parameter values of the selected instance.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
compu
Contributor
Laura wrote:
It's always worked this way to my knowledge. If you change the parameters via Edit Stair, then you'll need to select another stair from the browser area, and then re-select the stair you just edited -- this assigns the stair the default settings (as you just changed via Edit Stair).
Something changed/wrong in 15 I mean, I was happy with 14 about this Edit Stair stuff.

In AC15:
Select the stair you created previously with Stair tool on floor plan.
Click on Edit Stair from Info Box.
In Geometry Settings, change something. (For example, flight with)
Then click Ok.
You'll see that your stair is updated. So, now we know that Edit Stair button on Info Box works to change the parameters of selected stair, right?

Now select your stair and go Edit Stair again from Inbo Box (not from Stair Selection Settings!),
Go to Symbol Settings and change any walking line symbol.
Click OK and see the results.
Nothing will be changed!

If you please do these steps in 14, you'll have no problem with any changes you make from Edit Stair from Info Box.

15 has problem with this button to update attributes of the stairs.
archisem.com
compu
Contributor
zeropointreference wrote:
What happens if you change the symbol type to symbol 7 or 8 out of the menu on the left around the 40second mark of your video?
Nothing happened. Changing any value in Symbol Settings is NOT effective!
archisem.com
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Yes, the geometry of the stair will change, BUT NOT THE 2D DISPLAY SETTINGS -- it's always been this way, even in AC14.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
compu
Contributor
Laura wrote:
Yes, the geometry of the stair will change, BUT NOT THE 2D DISPLAY SETTINGS -- it's always been this way, even in AC14.
Are you sure? Have ever tried anything on any stair in AC14 right after my post? =/

2D display settings can be changed in 14, but not in 15 anymore.

Would please watch linked video below? Am I doing something wrong?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grV-L6I53PQ
archisem.com