Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Speeding up photo renders

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi ....

Just a quicky ..... When doing internal perspective drawings on the first floor .... will ArchiCad create shadows etc for any objects on the ground floor that are not seen in the generated view? I am trying to reduce the time to generate internal photo renders .... I have inserted objects through out the house as I plan to do a fly through ..... I am trying to capture a few still shots .... I was just thinking that it may be quicker if I turn the 3d option off all objects that will not be seen.

Correct thinking or not?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Dwight
Newcomer
The quickest way to speed up photo rendering is to marquee various areas or more reliably formally define a view where unseen objects are on hidden layers - that way it is automatic - pick the view and the objects disappear.

The downside is that shadows from hidden objects will be missing in other views, reducing the credence of your imagery.
Dwight Atkinson
__archiben
Booster
and to add to dwight's comments, there is a dialogue that allows you to specify which stories and which elements display in the 3D window globally:

Image>Elements to display in 3D...

check it out. when used wisely and in conjunction with the marquee tool it will vastly improve your 3D window experience . . .

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup