Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Splited roof problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Total beginner on ArchiCAD I still can't find out why I have a "connexion" problem between those 2 roof plane?

It was very very difficult for me to made a roof with 2 different height on each end and to move the "center" of the roof at the 1/3 of the lenth of the house. I'm sure I do not know how to do it nicely, but with a lot of struggle I managed to do it but needed to split the roof in 2 parts.

Please see attached image to understand my point.

Looking forward reading some tips.

Arthur

Problem roof.jpg
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Second image added
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Select both roofs, right click mouse and pick 'show selection in 3d'.

Select one of the roofs and then click on the edge of the other roof, while holding CTRL. This connects the edge of that roof to the other.

Now repeat the process vice versa. You should have a perfect mitred connection of both roofs.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Erwin wrote:
Select one of the roofs and then click on the edge of the other roof, while holding CTRL.
On the Mac use the Command key.

arthuragone : You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you to both of you !

I do have another question.

I find it sooooo difficult to do something I guess easy: I would like to move the top edge of the roof. Everytime I draw a roof the top edge (I don't know the englif world for it) is in the middle of the roof (witch is normal) but in my case, it is set at 4meters front the front wall and 11 meters from the back wall.

Please see attached image.

Also how to have one side of the roof at 4 meters of the ground and the other side at 3 meters ?
David Maudlin
Rockstar
arthuragone wrote:
Everytime I draw a roof the top edge (I don't know the englif world for it)
Ridge.
arthuragone wrote:
I find it sooooo difficult to do something I guess easy: I would like to move the top edge of the roof.
For Single-Plane Roofs: select the Roof, click and hold down the mouse button on the Ridge edge until the Pet Palette appears, select the 4th option in the top row from the left (Offset Edge) and move this edge to the correct location.
arthuragone wrote:
Also how to have one side of the roof at 4 meters of the ground and the other side at 3 meters ?
For Single-Plane Roofs: place the Roof's Pivot Line inline with the lower edge of the roof and set the Roof's height to 3 meters. Select the Roof and Command-click (Mac) on a corner of the upper edge (Ridge). A dialog box will appear where you can set the height of the Ridge.

In the Help files see: Elements of the Virtual Building > Construction Elements > Roofs, there is a lot of information there.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
bug
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to thank you for your help David.
But I didn't manage to do as you guide me...

So I decided to start another roof on the same building. It is a 2 plane roof with one side at 420 from the base and the other side at 320 from the base and the ridge at 520 from the base. Also the ridge is paralell to the front of the house and not perpendicular as ArchiCad always do (please see attached picture). AND the ridge is more close to the front of the house than to the end.

This should be quite easy I guess but whatever I try, and even with precedent help I didn"t went well...
David wrote:
arthuragone wrote:
Everytime I draw a roof the top edge (I don't know the englif world for it)
Ridge.
arthuragone wrote:
I find it sooooo difficult to do something I guess easy: I would like to move the top edge of the roof.
For Single-Plane Roofs: select the Roof, click and hold down the mouse button on the Ridge edge until the Pet Palette appears, select the 4th option in the top row from the left (Offset Edge) and move this edge to the correct location.
arthuragone wrote:
For Single-Plane Roofs: place the Roof's Pivot Line inline with the lower edge of the roof and set the Roof's height to 3 meters. Select the Roof and Command-click (Mac) on a corner of the upper edge (Ridge). A dialog box will appear where you can set the height of the Ridge.

In the Help files see: Elements of the Virtual Building > Construction Elements > Roofs, there is a lot of information there.

David

Roof.jpg