Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Start up - Default View

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone. This is my first post and happy to participate and learn more about ArchiCAD.
My question is about setting up a default view when I open a Teamwork project. Is it possible to designate a Worksheet to be the default view for everyone working on a Teamwork project? In my previous office we were able to have a home page that we were able to post our deadlines, meetings and some standards. We used Revit in my last office and I am now with a firm that works in ArchiCAD 18/19.
Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There is not a similar feature in ARCHICAD to what Revit has where they can set a View to be the opening View whenever opening the Project.

ARCHICAD usually starts in the Viewpoint that was last active when the Project File was closed. So what you can do is you can create an independent Worksheet Viewpoint, activate it and use the Text Tool to type whatever that info you need to. Then while still in the Worksheet Viewpoint, save and close the file.
When any person opens the file, that Worksheet Viewpoint will be active.
Unfortunately, all team members need to remember this or make it a habit to always activate that Worksheet Viewpoint whenever they open a Project File.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I figured that might be the case.
Thanks, laszlonagy!
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
File > Info > Project Notes

Is that what you are looking for?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Erwin wrote:
File > Info > Project Notes

Is that what you are looking for?
In Revit, there is a feature where you can set a specific View to be the opening View for whoever opens the Project.
So if we had something similar in ARCHICAD, we could, for example, specify a certain Worksheet to be this View. Let's say it is the "W-01" Worksheet.
So one guy closes a Project, he was in the 3rd Story Floor Plan. He saves and closes the project.
Whoever opens the project next, ARCHICAD takes him to the "W-01" Worksheet because that is set as the Opening View. The guys works in the project, the last View he is in is an Elevation View. He saves, closes the project.
Whoever then opens the project next, ARCHICAD again takes him to the "W-01" Worksheet.
So no matter in which View you left off, whenever you open the project you are taken to a specific View.
This is a feature Revit has, ARCHICAD does not.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Josh Verran
Advisor
This is an old post, but the query below has come up in our office several times.
Any idea if something like this has been implemented in later versions?

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER | LinkedIn | My Top Wishes

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

Perth, Australia and Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)

Barry Kelly
Josh wrote:
This is an old post, but the query below has come up in our office several times.
Any idea if something like this has been implemented in later versions?

No, nothing has changed.
Use Project Notes to keep tabs on what is happening in a project.
Or be disciplined and make sure you open a particular view or worksheet when you open a file, if that is how you want to communicate.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11