Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Steel Columns

I am working on a structural steel frame model using beams and columns, the Objects, not the Tools.
Same size columns extend upwards several floors and they are sized as such in the Model.
All the columns are set to "ALL RELEVANT STORIES" but they only show beyond their current story if I set them to "ALL STORIES" which is not correct when their size changes in the upper levels.

I have double check their heights, the 2D display parameters and the Floor Plan Cut Plane. Am I missing some other setting you can think of ?.
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Conrado,
I used the object Universal Columns Column 15 and its representation is correct in both settings ("ALL RELEVANT STORIES".....Home and 3 up; "ALL STORIES"...Home and 3 up and 1 down).
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Conrado:

See this thread, it may explain, one of the developers chimed in:

All Relevant Stories for ArchiCAD Objects?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Thanks for the Link, David.
I did open one of the Objects, located the parameters, and made them visible to input values; however, upon saving the changes, it wants to make that column into a new Object.
How do make the parameters for the object in the AC library ?
BTW, do we have to disable "zzyzx"
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Conrado wrote:
I did open one of the Objects, located the parameters, and made them visible to input values; however, upon saving the changes, it wants to make that column into a new Object.
Well, that is good, because you are modifying a library part, and if it was left in the ArchiCAD Library, it would get replaced (deleted) when the ArchiCAD Library is updated. The first thing to do is Save As... the library part into one of your office libraries, which will take it out of the ArchiCAD Library and give it a new GUID.
Conrado wrote:
How do make the parameters for the object in the AC library ?
BTW, do we have to disable "zzyzx"
As Zsolt Táskai mentioned, what you want to do is pass along the relevant heights to the ac_toplevel and ac_bottomlevel parameters for the Relevant Stories option to work. So zzyzx should be left alone. I did a quick addition to the Parameter Script for the W Column 15:
call "FM_types"

Parameters ac_bottomlevel = 0, ac_toplevel = zzyzx     ! added line

sor=269
dim vekt[269]
This loads the height values into ac_toplevel and ac_bottomlevel parameters so the Relevant Stories option works. These parameters remain hidden. They are somewhat crude, as they ignore the Floor Plan Cut Plane and just use the Story Heights, so if just a small part of the object is high or low enough to be on a Story the object will show. I think there is a way to script for the Floor Plan Cut Plan, but it is more complex. The Parameters command is covered in the GDL Reference Guide.

Enjoy!

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Thanks for your review and response.
It is great to have you and many others like you, generously contributing on this Forum !
Hope to reciprocrate some time.
David Pacifico
Booster
Thank You, This worked for me.
for ArchiCAD 15
I pasted this to the top of the parameters script:

call "FM_types"

Parameters ac_bottomlevel = 0, ac_toplevel = zzyzx ! added line

sor=269
dim vekt[269]
David Pacifico, RA

AC27 iMac i9, 32 gig Ram, 8 gig video Ram