BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Steel Shapes show on MAC, not on PC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi folks,

I've got a file in 11, the steel shapes in the detailer library are not showing up. I keep getting this message,

"Can't open for input while operating on the file 'DET_steel_10.txt'"

What is really strange, is that it shows fine on the MAC in the office, but my PC is having trouble.

Any ideas? Both machines are still using build 1033, since mine froze on 1040.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Nathan wrote:
Hi folks,

I've got a file in 11, the steel shapes in the detailer library are not showing up. I keep getting this message,

"Can't open for input while operating on the file 'DET_steel_10.txt'"

What is really strange, is that it shows fine on the MAC in the office, but my PC is having trouble.

Any ideas? Both machines are still using build 1033, since mine froze on 1040.

Thanks.
The library version is probably more important than the build on this one, if anything. The DET (previously known as MSA) parts read various text files that are in the Macros section of the main library. If your main library is local to your machine, and is still an LCF, I can't guess why you would get this error. The error suggests a permissions problem, including possibly sharing the LCF or the unpacked library with other machines or processes....?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply Karl,

This is an intermittant problem, which i've noticed can usually be fixed with a restart.

I'm also getting a consistent message about AC not being able to syncronize my cache library. I've got a wide array of parts from different versions in my office library, which i'm guessing is confusing AC.
Learn and get certified!