Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex profiles

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all.

My File has recently gotten pretty slow, slow regen times in plan mostly.

I made a complex profile for my walls, so that the siding will give me shadows and the rigid siding edge when I render and in section and elevation.
The siding I made in my profile is a bead board siding, so it's got the siding peice, and at the bottom of each peice is a round bead.
First time I made it each peice of siding was it's own fill. Then I thought it would speed up if I made each of the peices of siding one fill.

Do you guys think this is what is slow me up?
I am thinking it is not neccessary to show the bead, cause as I recall arcs and circles require much compuyter thinking, not neccessary because I dont do many renderings that close up anyway.
But it is nice in section.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Any One?
TomWaltz
Participant
Profiled walls tend to run slower in plan in general, so I would think that's a pretty good culprit
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Should the regen time be less if I set my model view options to show contours only- as it would not be trying regen the fills and skins?
Or no?
TomWaltz
Participant
Jesikuh123 wrote:
Should the regen time be less if I set my model view options to show contours only- as it would not be trying regen the fills and skins?
Or no?
That's what I thought at one point, but turning off the fills in MVO didn't seem to have any effect.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am finding that it isn't amiking a difference as well.
So, just checking.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have have found the same thing, especially if your complex profile walls have a lot of SEO with them. The larger the project the slower it is, thats my take.

Jim