Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stretching Selected Elements Only?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

I've got a little niggle (it's not a big problem, but it could be really handy) with the marquee tool, and stretching in general.

Working on a detail I'd like to stretch a collection of elements (lines, fills, maybe even a text box or two), without disturbing the surroundings.

In the image below, I'd like to stretch the selected lines and fills up to the first orange line for the blockwork, without stretching anything else. What is the best way to do this? As I don't fancy (nor should I) using the adjust command on just the lines, then manually stretching the fills up.

Cheers in advance.

Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 16.23.13.png
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
I asume that there are other items that will be included in the stretch if you draw a marquee in that particular area.

The suggestion of using adjust and then stretching the fill could be the fastest one but another alternative is to use the "Lock" command to lock the objects you don't want to move and then draw the marquee around the ones you need and stretch them.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, other elements would get stretched, like the diagonal to the left. I realise that this isn't too much of a problem for this example, but if I had 100 lines and a fill between each it could get tedious.

The locking aspect seems like a good way to do it, but still, that's a lot of setting up just to stretch some lines.
Eduardo Rolon
In these cases I try to figure out other procedures to see if I can be more efficient.
  • First option is to minimize 2D drafting by figuring out if you could model those connections, using custom profiles or any other tool.

Second option if the detail is the same is too create patches that can be placed on top of the offending items.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Stress Co_
Advisor
-Select the items you want to stretch (as in your screen shot)
-Shift-click-drag over the area. Those items should now be unselected and everything you don't want to alter should be selected.
-Lock the selected.
-Now stretch using the marquee tool.
-Don't forget to unlock items from previous step.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes! That's a pretty good work around.