Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

TEXT WRAPPING IN WORKSHEET FILE AC 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working with worksheet files for my notes and I cannot get my text to wrap correctly. It keeps splitting words in the middle instead of at the end of he word...Looks really tacky. Is it just me or is this a glitch in 14? Or Am I just missing something?

Example:

ELEVATION/SECTION KEYNOTES

1. STAINLESS STEEL HAND SINK.
2. NSF APPROVED UNDER COUNTE
R REFRIGERATOR,TYP.
3. REFRIGERATED DISPLAY CASE
4. HONED SLATE COUNTER SURFACE, SEALED
5. HONED SLATE FINISH SURFA
CE.
6. GRAPHICS PANEL, BACKLIT.
7. OPEN TO KITCHEN.
8. BOOTH SEATING.
9. WOOD WALL PANELING, OWNER SELECTED STAIN AND PATTERN
10. SOLID SURFACE COUNTER TOP.
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Is that all one text block? It looks like it has hard returns in it. Are you sure it doesn't?

Can't understand why it would do that otherwise.

What font are you using?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
LINK
Yes all one text block. I have the first line indent all the way to the left (set at 0"). I have the left indent at 1/4" with a tab there as well so that each line tabs in the same (that does not paste well into this forum...sorry ..looks like no tab in my text below). There is a right indent at the end of the text (set at 0"). The text I am using is called FLUX. I have this problem in all text fonts. but not necessarily in the same location...depends on the spacing (kerning?) of the font. Any Ideas

Funny thing is that it happens in some locations and not others within the text block...weird.

......I just figured out that if I put a space behind the word in the text block it shifts the whole word to the next line when it is in the final view (after editing). This seems to solve the problem...although a pain in the backside to mess with.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having major problems with text wrapping as well. My AC13 file that I've moved to AC14 has text overflowing the borders of the text box and the indents are all screwy. When I try to clean up the indents it changes the wrapping such that it splits words literally in the middle. When I'm physically typing all looks fine and then when I leave the text box it shifts it all.

Example:
" ..... maximu
m threshold..."

AC14 on Mac OSX
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes my problem is the same. You can use the indent and tab function to fix the front part of the text and line everything up but the back part I had to physically put spaces behind any word that had a lot of space behind it before
the next line.
For example:

The brown cat jumped over the blue fence
the cat was so funny I had to
Laugh. It was great

So if there is the space after the word "to" in the second line you will have to put spacebar spaces behind the word "to" so that it does not split the next word "Laugh" into to parts.

Here is how it will look before the fix..

The brown cat jumped over the blue fence
the cat was so funny I had to (place spaces here) La
ugh. It was great.

Once the spacebar spaces are placed the word "laugh" will go the the next line as a whole word. You will need to just hit the space bar and then get out of the text type mode to know how many hits it will take...usually 3 to 5 will do it.

Hope that helps as a temporary fix. Anyone who might have a permanent one let us know.