Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Time Frame benchmark

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Just wanted to get a idea of how long it should be taking me to draw a standard 4 bedroom house nothing to special brick and tile. I just wanted to get a idea of how long other people would allow for this type of job? I know its dependent on the detail going into the home but i just wanted to get a idea please?

I currently work for a small company and I am the only one using archicad so i have no one to bench mark too?

Thanks in Advance

Tony
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
If we are talking about plans and elevations up to what I would call planning level then to completely model and create an A1 drawing I would say 1-2 days.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have a well prepaired template file, favourite setup and exclude the time of 'designing idéa' and just build your model and create layouts. Then a 1 floor rectangular house you could do in 1-2 hours. I have build about 300 family houses in ArchiCad, and there aren't many models that have take more than 5-6 hours to build.

A welldesigned templatefile and favourites take about 1 week to produce, then you have to modified this over time.

And ofcause, then you have to add the designingtime / idéatime but this time is softwareindependent.
Anonymous
Not applicable
TurboGlider wrote:
If you have a well prepaired template file, favourite setup and exclude the time of 'designing idéa' and just build your model and create layouts. Then a 1 floor rectangular house you could do in 1-2 hours. I have build about 300 family houses in ArchiCad, and there aren't many models that have take more than 5-6 hours to build.

A welldesigned templatefile and favourites take about 1 week to produce, then you have to modified this over time. Then I have build over 60 special GDL objects that make my day much easier too.

And ofcause, then you have to add the designingtime / idéatime but this time is softwareindependent.
t0pcat wrote:
Hi,

Just wanted to get a idea of how long it should be taking me to draw a standard 4 bedroom house nothing to special brick and tile. I just wanted to get a idea of how long other people would allow for this type of job? I know its dependent on the detail going into the home but i just wanted to get a idea please?

I currently work for a small company and I am the only one using archicad so i have no one to bench mark too?

Thanks in Advance

Tony
How much does a car cost?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Thomas Holm
Booster
Steve wrote:
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
t0pcat wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in Advance

Tony

Thanks for the help, its responses like this that welcomes new users to the forum and makes us want to ask more questions. Thanks again

Anyways thanks for the other response i appreciate the help, I realize that it is hard to compare apples with out more information but this gave me the answers I was looking for.

Tony