Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Title - Scale Spacing problem.

Srinivas
Booster
Did any one of you having the same problem what I am facing with ArchiCAD title types. In the Layout book, I am getting extra spacing in the scale as shown in the image. Even the "Basic Drawing Title" is giving this problem apart from my custom titles.

Any possible work around to avoid this?

Thanks in advance.

extra spacing.jpg
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
3 REPLIES 3
Srinivas
Booster
Just checked it and this problem is coming only when the Layout Units are assigned to feets and inches, no problem when the layout units are meters,centimeters etc.
ArchiCAD Services
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a problem with the way drawing scale is passed to the title part. Instead of a simple numerical value (as in the GLOB_SCALE parameter) the title parameter is formated text. To make things more complicated the non-metric scale strings have extra spaces in them.

I assume this is a feature to make it easier to script titles, which is all well and good, but I don't understand why there can't also be the numeric value for those of us who want finer control without having to reverse engineer the silly strings. Nor do I understand the variable number of extra space characters.
Srinivas
Booster
Is the extra spacing problem fixed in version 11 final release, I am still running my ArchiCAD V 11 beta. (AC 11 not yet shipped here in India ).
ArchiCAD Services
iMac, Windows 10