cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Trace Reference or Copy and Paste for Profile Manager (v16)

Anonymous
Not applicable
First, is there trace reference for the profile manager? I could have sworn there was but now that I just went to use it, or course it's not there. Why? Why is this missing? Is it me or is it really not there?

Second, I'm finding it impossible to cut and paste lines from the work area to the profile manager work area as a work around for not being able to use trace reference. When I paste, the bounded area shows up but no lines and nothing is pasted. Is this normal?
3 REPLIES 3
Erich
Contributor
I have never tried the trace reference there but would be surprised if it worked. Copy paste works just fine through. Are your layers all on? I assume your copy paste is working in a normal view (plan, elevation, etc.).
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Barry Kelly
See attached image.
Barry.
profile_manager.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies.

Could have sworn I used trace reference in the past but I must be wrong and must have copy-n-pasted instead. I'm kind of surprised it's not there because I would think drawing complex profiles in certain situations would be a lot easier with trace reference. Such as what I was doing was trying to use the complex profiles to draw stucco features on the face of a building and was trying to use an elevation as the trace.

And I thought I had the construction and drafting layers on (I was only pasting lines) but I was only getting the bounding box. Since I've posted the original post I have restarted my computer and AC and I went and checked and it's working. Could have been me. Could be a bug. Could be other software interfering with the clipboard. I'm not sure (probably me) but it's working at the moment.