BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Trimming wall to circular stairs...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello...
Ive got a problem with trimming the wall to the stairs. I did search the forum for that but found only few suggestion which doesnt solve my situation.I've got a circular stairs and an angle shape wall under it . I dont know if in 8.1 version SEO doesnt work in that case .. i assume so. If anyone could tell me how to at least create a roof with the shape of the stair slab so i Could maybe trim it to the roof. Or maybe there is other way ?? Any Tips? I would be very greatful...
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
I notice that now there are 18 views of this thread and no replies.
This may be because we do not have enough information.
I know I don't.
We don't know how the stair was built.
Was it made with StairMaker, StairBuider, AC tools
such as the slab tool or the mesh tool, a library part,
or some other way ?
What is an "angle shape wall" ?
A while back, someone posted that they could not get
a StairBuilder stair to SEO with a wall and apparently
the problem was caused by a railing parameter setting.
Please give us more information and possibly a screen shot.
Thank you,
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok here u got a picture .. I've made them with stairmaker.. i want to make it somehow so the wall will be trimmed to the bottom of the stairs
stairs.JPG
Fran_ois Chatelain
Contributor
Hi Roody,
why don't you use the mesh tool instead of a wall. No need to trim and height is easily adjustable if need be.
Just a suggestion. Well, that's how I usually do it anyway...
Cheers
François
François Chatelain
Worldwide Digital Imaging
Formerly posting as RanXerox
"A little bump will help blur your reflections"
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Roody:

If the wall is slightly behind the stair stringer (the vertical piece at the side of the stair), you could segment the wall into parts that match the run of each tread, then adjust the height of each wall segment to end below each tread.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes ... ur right Fran.. but I want to do it as smooth as is can be i dont know if ill be able to do that with mesh tool. However I'll try.
Im doing the foyer and I'ts the only thing thats out of ordinary in my project so i need to do it as precise as possible . Thanks a lot for answer.
Enjoy your time !
Fran_ois Chatelain
Contributor
Hi Roody,
how much smoother can it be 😉

François
Mesh tool 2.jpg
François Chatelain
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yea..Like i said it might be ok .. but im working under 8.1 version and i find its more difficult to do then in for ex. 10th . Thanks for advise ..Hope i didnt consume to much time.
BTW: how long do u use archicad ?
Fran_ois Chatelain
Contributor
Hi Roody,
glad to help. Using AC since 1992.
Cheers
F
François Chatelain
Anonymous
Not applicable
RoodyHood wrote:
Hello...
Ive got a problem with trimming the wall to the stairs.
I've got a similar problem in AC10. I want to create a 5'-6' tall thin wall/screen like Imago that will essentially sit on top of the circular stairs, outside the handrails, kind of like a second handrail. It will need to be trimmed at the base to the stairs - and also needs to have the top line follow the upward curve of the stairs as well, so that it maintains a constant height from bottom to top. IOW, I essentially want an angled panel sitting outside the handrail.

I haven't fully decided if I want it to step up step-by-step with the stairs or not, but I'm thinking I might prefer to have a smooth line both top and bottom, and mount it a few inches above the treads on legs.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

The stairs are built in ArchiStair.

Wendy
Learn and get certified!