Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

dragging windows vertically in the 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
It sounds stupid but it doesnt work, try to drag vertically a window in the 3D view, then enter ''r'' and put your value (other than the one displayed). Result : on your 3D, You wont have the value you entered if you check.
the horizontal drag is fine , but the vertical one is not. ( see attachement )
Does anyone have an asnwer about this ?

Thx for answering

drag window vertically.jpg
7 REPLIES 7
TomWaltz
Participant
I don't know. Mine works fine.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
ACad 10 just dont consider the value you entred on your Keyboard and just consider the value you dragged by the mouse , STRANGE !
This problem is only with windows, other elements (slabs, objects, etc ) work fine.
TomWaltz
Participant
I don't know what else to say. I just tried it as you described, moving a window in elevation or 3D view using the Drag command on the Pet Palette, entered a distance other than how far I moved the mouse, and it moved exactly as I expected.
Tom Waltz
Dwight
Newcomer
Since it is Friday afternoon and who needs work, I am playing with the window move issue on a Mac.

Here's what happens:

The first time you select the window and select the vertical movement option on the pet palette, entering a value "y" will move the window correctly, relatively.
But not the second time if you don't deslect the window and start again.
Duh.

What works flawlessly for me is:
select windo
select vertical movement in pet palette
enter "Z" value for relative height change.

So don't mess with a combination of mouse and 'r' values. Use 'z'.
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Virtuoso
It is a movement along the Z axis, so use the Z coordinate.

Yes, in the S/E windows it is Y, don't ask why.

Use relative if you want to move from a specific point.

Yes, it works.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just tried it on V 9.0 it works fine but when i do the same process under V 10. it doesnt i work with the r value and its fine over 9.0 though.
Regarding Uncheking relative coordcinates, that will give a harder task cos i'll have to remember every height of every window.
I think I'll get back to 9.0 till they solve it.
Dwight
Newcomer
Did you not read the last postings?

The two that agree that you use "z" as a displacement direction instead of "r"???

That is a pretty simple difference.

Perhaps you should stay with 9, then. [epithet unspecified]

BTW: the reason that in a section/elevation analytic view that "x" and "y" stand in for lateral and vertical movements is that, with the grid lines and plan view-like interface, we pretend it is a drawn elevation view as if laying on the drawing board. That's the metaphor.
Dwight Atkinson