Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

dragging windows vertically in the 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
It sounds stupid but it doesnt work, try to drag vertically a window in the 3D view, then enter ''r'' and put your value (other than the one displayed). Result : on your 3D, You wont have the value you entered if you check.
the horizontal drag is fine , but the vertical one is not. ( see attachement )
Does anyone have an asnwer about this ?

Thx for answering

drag window vertically.jpg
7 REPLIES 7
TomWaltz
Participant
I don't know. Mine works fine.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
ACad 10 just dont consider the value you entred on your Keyboard and just consider the value you dragged by the mouse , STRANGE !
This problem is only with windows, other elements (slabs, objects, etc ) work fine.
TomWaltz
Participant
I don't know what else to say. I just tried it as you described, moving a window in elevation or 3D view using the Drag command on the Pet Palette, entered a distance other than how far I moved the mouse, and it moved exactly as I expected.
Tom Waltz
Dwight
Newcomer
Since it is Friday afternoon and who needs work, I am playing with the window move issue on a Mac.

Here's what happens:

The first time you select the window and select the vertical movement option on the pet palette, entering a value "y" will move the window correctly, relatively.
But not the second time if you don't deslect the window and start again.
Duh.

What works flawlessly for me is:
select windo
select vertical movement in pet palette
enter "Z" value for relative height change.

So don't mess with a combination of mouse and 'r' values. Use 'z'.
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
It is a movement along the Z axis, so use the Z coordinate.

Yes, in the S/E windows it is Y, don't ask why.

Use relative if you want to move from a specific point.

Yes, it works.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just tried it on V 9.0 it works fine but when i do the same process under V 10. it doesnt i work with the r value and its fine over 9.0 though.
Regarding Uncheking relative coordcinates, that will give a harder task cos i'll have to remember every height of every window.
I think I'll get back to 9.0 till they solve it.
Dwight
Newcomer
Did you not read the last postings?

The two that agree that you use "z" as a displacement direction instead of "r"???

That is a pretty simple difference.

Perhaps you should stay with 9, then. [epithet unspecified]

BTW: the reason that in a section/elevation analytic view that "x" and "y" stand in for lateral and vertical movements is that, with the grid lines and plan view-like interface, we pretend it is a drawn elevation view as if laying on the drawing board. That's the metaphor.
Dwight Atkinson