Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Trouble with Extrusion Tracking

Anonymous
Not applicable
Vague and ambiguous tho that title may be, this is a serious issue for me and I have no way of expressing it succinctly. The heart of the matter is that ArchiCAD 18 is extruding faces of elements, say a roof, using what seems like an arbitrary guiding line.

I have recently upgraded from 16 to 18 and am now working on my projects in the program. My current project has a lot of roof work that needs correcting. It used to be so smooth to model the roofs and get them to line up the way I want them to and I had never messed with any sort of option in 16 to get it to model the way it does, but now 18 seems to have its own ideas on how things should work. I am attaching images to show how 16 works and how 18 works.

If anyone has any idea how to get 18 to behave like 16 I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you!

Extrusion.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hold down shift & press Q when you drag or extend
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cursor Snap Variants! My tormentor finally has a name! So, the shift + Q works, I just have to bind it to something else because I use custom key mapping (shift + q is mirror duplicate)

Now the question becomes, is there any way to set it to "parallel" by default? Currently it wants to use "vertical" as default and that's where my problem originated from. Right now if I press shift+q to cycle the cursor snap variants it's only applicable for that one move. I do not want to have to press this every singly time I extrude a face.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure about setting the defaults, I never really used it in 3D before.
If you find out let us know though.